Tuesday 9 February 2021

Former Army Interrogator Talks About the Thing To Do To Gain Trust


In this clip from the new season of The David Johnson Show, Eric Maddox, a U.S. Army veteran who served in Baghdad interrogating members of Saddam Hussein’s inner circle, shares some insights into interrogation techniques https://bit.ly/37fz4pF 

“The prisoners would answer my questions, but I still wasn’t gaining any trust,” he says.  “I wasn’t getting cooperation. What I started to realize is that when I was talking to these prisoners, there were times they wanted to be more transparent. I started to realize, “Ah, it is me. It’s my behavior. It is my mindset.”


That’s when I start to realize, “Oh, my goodness, when I’m talking to a prisoner, if I can listen to them minus my biases, minus my goals, my objectives, my agenda of trying to get them to confess and gather actual intelligence, and just seek to understand them, that’s when I started to get transparency.” That’s where I got my first foothold into this technique.”


“The David Johnson Show” is a national voice that talks about points of interest in the American military and veteran subculture. Each show episode showcases a different guest with a different story. Sign up to get notified of new episodes at https://bit.ly/2XSQRPk and subscribe to our YouTube channel.




#Baghdad #veterans #USArmy #EricMaddox #Saddam #Interrogation



attachment

No comments:

Post a Comment